Territory Sales Manager
The future is today, and we want you to be part of it!
This is an exciting time for the solar industry as we make a difference, one roof at time, and change the lives of our customers and the environments in which we live. We are a customer-focused company that has succeeded because of the strong reputation, values, and industry leadership we have encompassed in the Gulf Coast Region.
If you like to move fast, and have strong outside sales team management experience, join us in the solar industry.
The Territory Sales Manager will work with the Sales Director to formally manage, train, and motivate reps in the region. This is not an individual contributor role disguised as a manager role.
- Management, development and training of residential sales department.
- Support difficult-to-close deals with reps.
- Manage continual improvement of sales force including training and sales motivation.
- Training and effective utilization of company-provided resources…and teach the team how to use and love these resources!
- Ensure all contracting, reporting and documentation requirements are met.
- Ensure effective performance management of the residential sales department, develop and implement detailed action plans with the team.
- Review sales results daily and manage performance through coaching and application of basic sales management principles.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement through the sharing of best practices across the residential sales department
Although we’d love somebody with solar industry experience, construction, building, consumer products, or other direct outside sales management experience would be considered.
- 3-5+ years of experience in managing a outside sales team
- Proven sales success, ideally in a residential setting, but not required.
- Demonstrated elegance in interactions with customers, staff, and colleagues
- Superior verbal, written communication skills and presentation skills
- Social media presence
- Probably a “little more detail-oriented” than a lot of salespeople!
- A strong passion/desire to hit goals — you’re probably very competitive!
- Ability to cope with difficult customer situations.
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, to understand concerns, and to overcome objections.
- Highly motivated self-starter who doesn’t need heavy management.
- Strong customer-centric focus and overall sense of humor.